This is where we walk you through Tiddlers and its substantial facilities as well as giving an insight into the curriculum and ethos .
Layout and internal facilities .
Tiddlers is laid out on one floor so there are no stairs for children or staff to negotiate . There is an upstairs - and that is where my family and I live - so I am always available to take calls in or out of hours and help in any way I can .
We have 5 play/classrooms plus the conservatory and holiday club laid out in such a way that childrens progression is made as natural as possible . So for example , a child in the 1 to 2 year olds room will interact and visit the adjoining 2 to 3 Year olds room in good time ensuring that when they move up they have some familiarisiation with staff and children in that room .
We have a baby room with adjoining nappy change , rooms for 1 - 2 Years and 2 - 3 Years ( actually 3 rooms here to give even greater flexibility ) and a 3 - 5 years pre school room with adjoining conservatory and use of the Holiday Club in term time .
A substantial fully equipped kitchen , seperate staff room , children and staff toilets , and an office for one to one meetings completes the lay out .
Curriculum and Ethos .
We were chosen to help implement the Birth to Three matters initiative, now incorporated into the Early Years Foundation Stage framework for 0 to 5 Year olds.
I like to think that my background as a teacher and my EYP status helps us lead the way in terms of curriculum and learning and I would be delighted to talk to you more about this important aspect of Tiddlers .
When I think about Ethos I think of our guiding principles and am drawn to a handful of watchwords that govern how we act and behave at Tiddlers , namely :
- Safety - of children and staff ..
- Home from Home - how we continue and complement your care ..
- Continuity - of staff and childrens environment ..
- Expertise and motivation - of staff ..
- Play - learning through play is very important ..
- Environment - internal facilities and equipment , and external environment - appreciation of nature and the world around us ..
- Observation - at the heart of helping us to understand childrens unique needs and interests to ensure we make provision individualised and personalised .
No amount of words can really adequately describe what we do , but hopefully the above and the rest of the website gives you a better insight into us and will encourage you to come and visit or call or e mail us for a brochure .